JONESVILLE, VA. - A 30-year-old inmate at the U.S. penitentiary in Jonesville, Virginia was found dead in the gymnasium according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
Demetrius Hall was serving a 152-month sentence for armed assault on a police officer and armed robbery.
Staff responded to the gym and found Hall unresponsive. He was later pronounced dead at a local hospital.
An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death.
Foul play is not suspected.
- Updated Wise County receives grant for new protective order law
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Traffic advisory for Exit 17 on I-81 in Abingdon
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into Sunday's fire in Johnson City
- Virginia Tech unveils plan for new business complex