LEE COUNTY, Va. - Lee County Virginia wants to ownership of the Lee Regional Medical Center just two months after Wellmont closed the county's only hospital.
In September Wellmont Health Systems officials announced closing of the hospital citing reimbursement cuts.
On Wednesday we asked Wellmont Senior Vice President Todd Norris if they would donate the facility. "We certainly take their requests very seriously and we are in the process of considering that request along with some other inquires that we've had about the facility. Wellmont is just in the process of balancing those specific entries and inquires," says Norris.
Wellmont also gave us a statement saying it plans to review the request carefully and there is not a timetable for a decision at this time.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man