LEE COUNTY, Va. - Lee County Virginia wants to ownership of the Lee Regional Medical Center just two months after Wellmont closed the county's only hospital.
In September Wellmont Health Systems officials announced closing of the hospital citing reimbursement cuts.
On Wednesday we asked Wellmont Senior Vice President Todd Norris if they would donate the facility. "We certainly take their requests very seriously and we are in the process of considering that request along with some other inquires that we've had about the facility. Wellmont is just in the process of balancing those specific entries and inquires," says Norris.
Wellmont also gave us a statement saying it plans to review the request carefully and there is not a timetable for a decision at this time.
- New UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- New Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program
- Report: Synthetic drug dealer from Pound gets 3.5 years in jail
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections