LEE COUNTY, Va. - A Lee County, Virginia man is charged with first degree murder after authorities say he stabbed a woman to death.
They tell us 33-year-old Brandon Kendall Bledsoe, of Dryden, is in Kingsport's jail awaiting extradition back to Lee County.
According to Sheriff Gary Parsons, 45-year-old Wilma Stapleton died from severe stab wounds after she was taken to the hospital yesterday evening. He says Bledsoe slashed his wrists and throat and was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center.
Parsons did not release a motive.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death