LEE COUNTY, Va. - A Jonesville man has been accused of impersonating a United States Marshal.
U.S. Attorney Timothy J. Heaphy announced Thursday 35-year-old Richard Wayne Parsons was arrested on a federal complaint of impersonating a deputy of the U.S. Marshals.
The arrest comes after an investigation by the United States Marshals Services and the Lee County Sheriff's Department.
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media
- Updated Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN