LEE COUNTY, Va. - Eight animals died in a fire Sunday morning at the livestock yard in Ewing, Virginia.
According to the assistant fire chief of the Thomas Walker Fire Department, crews were dispatched around 6:30 Sunday morning. We're told more than 50 firefighters responded from several area departments.
Firefighters say more than half of the building sustained damage. 46 cattle were saved; four cows died along with two goats, a sheep and a lamb.
The fire is under investigation by the Virginia State Police arson investigation unit.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin