LEE COUNTY, Va. - Eight animals died in a fire Sunday morning at the livestock yard in Ewing, Virginia.
According to the assistant fire chief of the Thomas Walker Fire Department, crews were dispatched around 6:30 Sunday morning. We're told more than 50 firefighters responded from several area departments.
Firefighters say more than half of the building sustained damage. 46 cattle were saved; four cows died along with two goats, a sheep and a lamb.
The fire is under investigation by the Virginia State Police arson investigation unit.
- Updated VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program