LEE COUNTY, Va. - Eight animals died in a fire Sunday morning at the livestock yard in Ewing, Virginia.
According to the assistant fire chief of the Thomas Walker Fire Department, crews were dispatched around 6:30 Sunday morning. We're told more than 50 firefighters responded from several area departments.
Firefighters say more than half of the building sustained damage. 46 cattle were saved; four cows died along with two goats, a sheep and a lamb.
The fire is under investigation by the Virginia State Police arson investigation unit.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man