LEE COUNTY, Va. - Eight animals died in a fire Sunday morning at the livestock yard in Ewing, Virginia.
According to the assistant fire chief of the Thomas Walker Fire Department, crews were dispatched around 6:30 Sunday morning. We're told more than 50 firefighters responded from several area departments.
Firefighters say more than half of the building sustained damage. 46 cattle were saved; four cows died along with two goats, a sheep and a lamb.
The fire is under investigation by the Virginia State Police arson investigation unit.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Updated Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire