LEE COUNTY, VA. - A federal corrections officer has pleaded guilty to bribery charges.
According to the U.S. Attorney's office in the Western District of Virginia, Kimberlee Crabtree of Jonesville, Virginia waived her right to be indicted and instead entered a plea.
Federal investigators say she smuggled in tobacco products and a cell phone to an inmate in return for payments totaling at least $2,500.
She faces up to 15 years in prison and potential fines of up to $250,000. Her sentencing is set for May 27 at the U.S. District Court in Abingdon.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson