LEE COUNTY, VA. - A federal corrections officer has pleaded guilty to bribery charges.
According to the U.S. Attorney's office in the Western District of Virginia, Kimberlee Crabtree of Jonesville, Virginia waived her right to be indicted and instead entered a plea.
Federal investigators say she smuggled in tobacco products and a cell phone to an inmate in return for payments totaling at least $2,500.
She faces up to 15 years in prison and potential fines of up to $250,000. Her sentencing is set for May 27 at the U.S. District Court in Abingdon.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting