LEE COUNTY, VA. - A federal corrections officer has pleaded guilty to bribery charges.
According to the U.S. Attorney's office in the Western District of Virginia, Kimberlee Crabtree of Jonesville, Virginia waived her right to be indicted and instead entered a plea.
Federal investigators say she smuggled in tobacco products and a cell phone to an inmate in return for payments totaling at least $2,500.
She faces up to 15 years in prison and potential fines of up to $250,000. Her sentencing is set for May 27 at the U.S. District Court in Abingdon.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone