LEE COUNTY, VA. - A federal corrections officer has pleaded guilty to bribery charges.
According to the U.S. Attorney's office in the Western District of Virginia, Kimberlee Crabtree of Jonesville, Virginia waived her right to be indicted and instead entered a plea.
Federal investigators say she smuggled in tobacco products and a cell phone to an inmate in return for payments totaling at least $2,500.
She faces up to 15 years in prison and potential fines of up to $250,000. Her sentencing is set for May 27 at the U.S. District Court in Abingdon.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment