LEE COUNTY, Va - The Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking into an attack on a correctional officer at the federal prison in Lee County, Virginia.
A spokesman for the U.S. Department of Justice's Federal Bureau of Prisons says the incident happened just before 8 a.m. Sunday.
That same spokesman told News 5 that the staff was able to contain the situation after an inmate apparently attacked the correctional officer.
The prison is on lockdown while the incident is investigated.
The officer was treated for some injuries and released from the hospital.
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Updated Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run