LEE COUNTY, Va. - Lee County authorities are searching for an escaped convict they say is dangerous.
He had been convicted for malicious wounding and unlawful wounding.
Lee County Sheriff Gary Parsons tells us Jeremy Lynn Mitchell escaped before a sentencing hearing Friday afternoon.
We're told before he went in to find out his sentence, he went to the bathroom and then ran away.
Parson says Mitchell has shaved his head since the picture above was taken.
If you have seen Mitchell or know where he may be call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 276-346-7777.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death