LEE COUNTY, Va. - Lee County authorities are searching for an escaped convict they say is dangerous.
He had been convicted for malicious wounding and unlawful wounding.
Lee County Sheriff Gary Parsons tells us Jeremy Lynn Mitchell escaped before a sentencing hearing Friday afternoon.
We're told before he went in to find out his sentence, he went to the bathroom and then ran away.
Parson says Mitchell has shaved his head since the picture above was taken.
If you have seen Mitchell or know where he may be call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 276-346-7777.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson