LEE COUNTY, Va. - Authorities spent much of the day Tuesday rounding up 50 people facing drug charges in Lee County, Virginia.
Lee County Sheriff Gary Parsons told us 44 of the arrests were for state charges, while six face federal charges.
Parsons said some of the six who face federal charges stem from the Pennington Gap police case.
"They're gun and drug charges [and] conspiracy. A lot of it ties to the former chief of Pennington Gap, and some of that activity went on there with drug distribution," Parsons told us.
Parsons went on to say the meth problem in the county is beginning to rise with Lee County's close proximity to the Tennessee state line.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game