SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - A judge in Utah is expected to decide Friday if there's enough evidence to go to trial in a case involving the murder of a southwest Virginia boy.
Investigators believe four-year-old Ethan Stacy, of Richlands, died in May of 2010. They say he'd been visiting his mother and stepfather, Stephanie and Nathan Sloop, in Utah.
Both are charged with his murder.
Police say on May 11, 2010, Nathan Sloop led officers to where the boy's beaten body was buried in a shallow grave near a ski resort.
Friday will be the third day of a preliminary for Nathan Sloop. Prosecutors say they plan to seek the death penalty against him.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane