RICHMOND, Va. - The recount has been set for Virginia's Attorney General race.
At a hearing Wednesday, the judge set the statewide recount for December 17th and 18th, with Fairfax County allowed to begin on the 16th because of its population and number of voting machines. Once the recount is completed, a three-judge recount court will settle any challenged ballots.
Republican Mark Obenshain requested the recount, which will be done at taypayer expense, because his opponent, Democrat Mark Herring, had only a 165-vote lead in the November 5th election.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment