RICHMOND, Va. - The recount has been set for Virginia's Attorney General race.
At a hearing Wednesday, the judge set the statewide recount for December 17th and 18th, with Fairfax County allowed to begin on the 16th because of its population and number of voting machines. Once the recount is completed, a three-judge recount court will settle any challenged ballots.
Republican Mark Obenshain requested the recount, which will be done at taypayer expense, because his opponent, Democrat Mark Herring, had only a 165-vote lead in the November 5th election.
- New Caterpillar confirms plans to cut 80 jobs in Winston-Salem
- Updated Virginia outperforms most states on national science tests
- Updated Warm and dry weather this week causes higher fire danger
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway