RICHMOND, Va. - The recount has been set for Virginia's Attorney General race.
At a hearing Wednesday, the judge set the statewide recount for December 17th and 18th, with Fairfax County allowed to begin on the 16th because of its population and number of voting machines. Once the recount is completed, a three-judge recount court will settle any challenged ballots.
Republican Mark Obenshain requested the recount, which will be done at taypayer expense, because his opponent, Democrat Mark Herring, had only a 165-vote lead in the November 5th election.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend