Virginia 4th District House of Delegate member Joe Johnson says he will not seek re-election.
Johnson says he is 81 years old and it's time to step aside and pass the torch to another.
He says the citizens of the Fourth District have been very good to him. Johnson says he has not had an opponent since being elected to the House in 1989.
He says he realizes life is short and he wants to spend more time with his family
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University