Virginia 4th District House of Delegate member Joe Johnson says he will not seek re-election.
Johnson says he is 81 years old and it's time to step aside and pass the torch to another.
He says the citizens of the Fourth District have been very good to him. Johnson says he has not had an opponent since being elected to the House in 1989.
He says he realizes life is short and he wants to spend more time with his family
- Updated Southwest Virginia man dies after being hit by car
- Hawkins EMS remains only service during feasibility study
- College students voice opinions on presidential debate
- Bristol, Tenn. household divided over presidential election
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire