Virginia 4th District House of Delegate member Joe Johnson says he will not seek re-election.
Johnson says he is 81 years old and it's time to step aside and pass the torch to another.
He says the citizens of the Fourth District have been very good to him. Johnson says he has not had an opponent since being elected to the House in 1989.
He says he realizes life is short and he wants to spend more time with his family
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next