ROANOKE, Va. - More jobs could be headed to western Virginia; Appalachian Power is identifying potential spots for new data centers.
The Center for Research and Technology in Roanoke County, and Progress Park in Wythe County, are the first two sites that pass the program's criteria for supporting a center. The criteria for supporting a data center include many factors, such as telecommunications infrastructure, tax policies and incentives, and climate.
We're told the potential new centers would bring high tech jobs and large capital investment to the area.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson