Virginia residents who plan to vote by absentee ballot have a couple opportunities to do so in person.
Those eligible to vote absentee can cast ballots in person the next two Saturdays.
The Virginia State Board of Elections says offices of the General Registrars will be open for eight hours those two days, from nine in the morning to five o'clock in the afternoon.
Voters must meet one of the numerous eligibility requirements to vote absentee, and acceptable identification will be required for those voting in person. A list of acceptable forms of ID is available at http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/VotinginPerson.html .
The election is November fifth.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport