Virginia residents who plan to vote by absentee ballot have a couple opportunities to do so in person.
Those eligible to vote absentee can cast ballots in person the next two Saturdays.
The Virginia State Board of Elections says offices of the General Registrars will be open for eight hours those two days, from nine in the morning to five o'clock in the afternoon.
Voters must meet one of the numerous eligibility requirements to vote absentee, and acceptable identification will be required for those voting in person. A list of acceptable forms of ID is available at http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/VotinginPerson.html .
The election is November fifth.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record