A threat on social media has caused law enforcement in Tazewell, Virginia to increase the number of officers on campus for a football game Friday night.
The heavy presence of policemen for the event is due to a rumor of a someone bringing a gun to school at Tazewell High that TCSO Major Harold Heatley said was originated on social media websites on Wednesday.
A number of students have been interviewed by investigators and some of the students responsible for posting the rumor have not been allowed back on school grounds, Heatley said.
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School