Virginia's democratic gubernatorial candidate says he supports new environmental protection agency regulations on coal, this coming two weeks after those new regulations were announced.
Terry McAuliffe confirmed to reporters that he supports the Environmental Protection Agency's regulations which limit the amount of carbon emissions that can come from gas or coal-fired power plants in the future.
Such regulations could sharply reduce the demand for coal in our region. McAuliffe faces republican candidate Ken Cuccinelli in the November race for governor of Virginia.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day