Virginia's democratic gubernatorial candidate says he supports new environmental protection agency regulations on coal, this coming two weeks after those new regulations were announced.
Terry McAuliffe confirmed to reporters that he supports the Environmental Protection Agency's regulations which limit the amount of carbon emissions that can come from gas or coal-fired power plants in the future.
Such regulations could sharply reduce the demand for coal in our region. McAuliffe faces republican candidate Ken Cuccinelli in the November race for governor of Virginia.
- New Virginia offenders raising tilapia in pilot program
- Police: Son kills father, self in front of wife, mother
- Slain Virginia officer was a father of 3, former Marine
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power