WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A local group wants to hear your thoughts on changing railroad transportation in the Tri-Cities.
Rail Solutions will be holding a public meeting to discuss how the group is hoping to increase both passenger and freight rails traveling through the Tri-Cities, from Memphis, Tennessee to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
The group will go over plans for analyzing traffic on I-40 and I-81, as well as how changing railroad traffic could help the cost of maintaining roads. "Why not put that subsidy to work for building an infrastructure system that would be safer and provide new opportunities for people to travel," said Rees Shearer, Chair for Rail Solutions.
Rail Solutions will be meeting next Saturday, December 1st, at the Abingdon Senior Center at 1p.m. The address is 300 Senior Drive, Abingdon, VA.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development