WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A local group wants to hear your thoughts on changing railroad transportation in the Tri-Cities.
Rail Solutions will be holding a public meeting to discuss how the group is hoping to increase both passenger and freight rails traveling through the Tri-Cities, from Memphis, Tennessee to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
The group will go over plans for analyzing traffic on I-40 and I-81, as well as how changing railroad traffic could help the cost of maintaining roads. "Why not put that subsidy to work for building an infrastructure system that would be safer and provide new opportunities for people to travel," said Rees Shearer, Chair for Rail Solutions.
Rail Solutions will be meeting next Saturday, December 1st, at the Abingdon Senior Center at 1p.m. The address is 300 Senior Drive, Abingdon, VA.
- Updated Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Updated Tenn. House Clerk accused of rude conduct
- Updated Binge-drinking UMass student nearly dies in Pennsylvania
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation