More than $2 million in grant money is being awarded to help train teachers in the Commonwealth.
We've learned the Virginia Department of Education says the money will help with professional development for nearly 700 teachers throughout Virginia.
The Department says new partnerships between school divisions and colleges and universities will provide in-service training for STEM teachers and create professional program tied to state science standards of learning.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash