More than $2 million in grant money is being awarded to help train teachers in the Commonwealth.
We've learned the Virginia Department of Education says the money will help with professional development for nearly 700 teachers throughout Virginia.
The Department says new partnerships between school divisions and colleges and universities will provide in-service training for STEM teachers and create professional program tied to state science standards of learning.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon