More than $2 million in grant money is being awarded to help train teachers in the Commonwealth.
We've learned the Virginia Department of Education says the money will help with professional development for nearly 700 teachers throughout Virginia.
The Department says new partnerships between school divisions and colleges and universities will provide in-service training for STEM teachers and create professional program tied to state science standards of learning.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin