RICHMOND, Va. - Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell says he is giving back every gift he received from a wealthy campaign donor who is under investigation by the federal government.
That donor has been identified as dietary supplement company owner Jonnie Williams, Sr.
Now Governor McDonnell wants to look into limiting gifts to state officials in the future. He says, "I think it's a fair question as to whether or not the law should be amended and whether or not a cap should be put on the number of gifts. Maybe the type of gifts that are more personal, dealing with recreation. Those should be limited."
McDonnell says he complied with all disclosure requirements for the gifts.
The one-term republican has refused to step down, repeatedly denying any wrongdoing.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate