RICHMOND, Va. - Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell says he is giving back every gift he received from a wealthy campaign donor who is under investigation by the federal government.
That donor has been identified as dietary supplement company owner Jonnie Williams, Sr.
Now Governor McDonnell wants to look into limiting gifts to state officials in the future. He says, "I think it's a fair question as to whether or not the law should be amended and whether or not a cap should be put on the number of gifts. Maybe the type of gifts that are more personal, dealing with recreation. Those should be limited."
McDonnell says he complied with all disclosure requirements for the gifts.
The one-term republican has refused to step down, repeatedly denying any wrongdoing.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream