ABINGDON, Va. - Some southwest Virginia landowners will go before a federal judge in Abingdon, Virginia.
They've filed a lawsuit accusing two energy companies of short changing them out of royalties for natural gas drawn from coal beds on their land.
Thursday's hearing focuses on the certification of the group as class actions.
The Pittsburg based companies involved, EQT Production Company and CNX Gas Company, deny cheating those landowners out of money.
- Updated Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire