ABINGDON, Va. - Some southwest Virginia landowners will go before a federal judge in Abingdon, Virginia.
They've filed a lawsuit accusing two energy companies of short changing them out of royalties for natural gas drawn from coal beds on their land.
Thursday's hearing focuses on the certification of the group as class actions.
The Pittsburg based companies involved, EQT Production Company and CNX Gas Company, deny cheating those landowners out of money.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City