ABINGDON, Va. - Some southwest Virginia landowners will go before a federal judge in Abingdon, Virginia.
They've filed a lawsuit accusing two energy companies of short changing them out of royalties for natural gas drawn from coal beds on their land.
Thursday's hearing focuses on the certification of the group as class actions.
The Pittsburg based companies involved, EQT Production Company and CNX Gas Company, deny cheating those landowners out of money.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game