The flu is on the move and widespread in 25 states now, including Virginia.
There are a few places in our area where you can get the flu shot for free from the Lenowisco Health District.
The locations offering free shots are the Wise County/Norton City Health Department in Wise County, the Scott County Health Department in Gate City, and the Lee County Health Department in Jonesville.
It's available to anyone 3 years of age and older while supplies last.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day