ABINGDON, Va. - A former Pennington Gap, Virginia police officer entered a guilty plea to drug distribution.
The U.S. Attorney's office in Abingdon says John Charles Kelly entered that plea to a charge involving the distribution of hydrocodone.
According to evidence presented at the hearing, Kelly distributed about 20 Lortab pills to two women back in July of 2012.
We've learned Kelly will be sentenced May 31 in U.S. District Court in Abingdon.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial