ABINGDON, Va. - A former Pennington Gap, Virginia police officer entered a guilty plea to drug distribution.
The U.S. Attorney's office in Abingdon says John Charles Kelly entered that plea to a charge involving the distribution of hydrocodone.
According to evidence presented at the hearing, Kelly distributed about 20 Lortab pills to two women back in July of 2012.
We've learned Kelly will be sentenced May 31 in U.S. District Court in Abingdon.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane