ABINGDON, Va. - A former Pennington Gap, Virginia police officer entered a guilty plea to drug distribution.
The U.S. Attorney's office in Abingdon says John Charles Kelly entered that plea to a charge involving the distribution of hydrocodone.
According to evidence presented at the hearing, Kelly distributed about 20 Lortab pills to two women back in July of 2012.
We've learned Kelly will be sentenced May 31 in U.S. District Court in Abingdon.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone