RICHMOND, Va. - The defense team for former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell is asking for more details on what exactly he's accused of doing wrong.
On Thursday lawyers filed a motion complaining that prosecutors used vague language in their indictment against the McDonnells.
The prosecution alleges McDonnell used his job to help former Star Scientific CEO Jonnie Williams and the defense says that's not enough detail to prepare for a trial.
Last month the McDonnells were charged with accepting gifts and loans in exchange for helping the CEO sell his product.
Their trial is set to begin in July.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event