RICHMOND, Va. - The defense team for former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell is asking for more details on what exactly he's accused of doing wrong.
On Thursday lawyers filed a motion complaining that prosecutors used vague language in their indictment against the McDonnells.
The prosecution alleges McDonnell used his job to help former Star Scientific CEO Jonnie Williams and the defense says that's not enough detail to prepare for a trial.
Last month the McDonnells were charged with accepting gifts and loans in exchange for helping the CEO sell his product.
Their trial is set to begin in July.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project