BRISTOL, Va. - First Baptist of Bristol is conducting a shoe collection on May 1-May 18th to raise funds for FBC Youth and Children's Ministry, support developing nations, and help the environment.
All donated shoes will be redistributed to microenterprise partners through Funds2Orgs--a Social Enterprise—and used in developing nations for improvised people to start, maintain, and grow a business opportunity to feed, clothe and house their families.
The goal of the organizations is to collect 2,500 shoes. First Baptist of Bristol earns 40 cents from every pound of shoes they gather.
Ben Ondrak, Associate Pastor of Family Ministry and Missions of FBC says they are excited to conduct this shoe drive in the Tri-Cities area.
"The first choice is gently used shoes," said Ondrak. "But if you've got any shoes at all.. anything from cleats, to flip flops, to high heeled shoes and tennis shoes….were collecting everything."
Individuals can donate gently worn shoes at 1 Virginia Street, Bristol, Va.
- Updated Three injured at Volusia Speedway Park when car crashes into stands
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake