DICKENSON COUNTY, VA - Fires force two families from their homes in Southwest Virginia.
The American Red Cross says two adults were displaced from their home on Robert Hollow Rd in Pound, Virginia. They say two more people were forced from their home on Hospital Drive in Dickenson County.
The Regional Director for Public Affairs Amy T. Whittaker says The American Red Cross is providing disaster relief assistance. She says the organization is providing the families with financial assistance to help with meals and clothing, and will continue to coordinate recovery assistance.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon