DICKENSON COUNTY, VA - Fires force two families from their homes in Southwest Virginia.
The American Red Cross says two adults were displaced from their home on Robert Hollow Rd in Pound, Virginia. They say two more people were forced from their home on Hospital Drive in Dickenson County.
The Regional Director for Public Affairs Amy T. Whittaker says The American Red Cross is providing disaster relief assistance. She says the organization is providing the families with financial assistance to help with meals and clothing, and will continue to coordinate recovery assistance.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction