MARION, Va. - Marion fire and rescue crews were at a house fire on the 100 block of Cemetery Street tonight.
Crews fought the fire for over an hour.
Because the house was vacant, the cause of the fire is being investigated. There was a K9 officer and a Virginia State Police arson investigator on the scene.
Roads were reopened around 9:15 p.m. when fire and rescue units cleared the scene.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction