Virginia's death row population is going down and it's not just because it's carrying out capital punishment.
According to records, a few death sentences have been erased recently. And, another major reason is because fewer death sentences are being handed down by judges.
The Virginia capital case clearing house says death row has received only two new inmates in nearly five years.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment