Virginia's death row population is going down and it's not just because it's carrying out capital punishment.
According to records, a few death sentences have been erased recently. And, another major reason is because fewer death sentences are being handed down by judges.
The Virginia capital case clearing house says death row has received only two new inmates in nearly five years.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University