Virginia's death row population is going down and it's not just because it's carrying out capital punishment.
According to records, a few death sentences have been erased recently. And, another major reason is because fewer death sentences are being handed down by judges.
The Virginia capital case clearing house says death row has received only two new inmates in nearly five years.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane