Federal investigators say they've uncovered a scheme that they say ripped off Alpha Natural Resources with false billings.
The mining Company is based in Abingdon, Virginia.
Fraud charges are being filed against Edward Ellis Mullins, Joey R. Phalin and Nicholas R. Coleman. Donald Bryan Steele was also charged today.
Prosecutors say they approached suppliers about providing cash and gifts to them and other Alpha employees.
The FBI says the plot concealed these transactions by having suppliers submit false invoices.
Alpha contacted the FBI after a tire supplier alerted it to the scheme in late 2011.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway