Federal investigators say they've uncovered a scheme that they say ripped off Alpha Natural Resources with false billings.
The mining Company is based in Abingdon, Virginia.
Fraud charges are being filed against Edward Ellis Mullins, Joey R. Phalin and Nicholas R. Coleman. Donald Bryan Steele was also charged today.
Prosecutors say they approached suppliers about providing cash and gifts to them and other Alpha employees.
The FBI says the plot concealed these transactions by having suppliers submit false invoices.
Alpha contacted the FBI after a tire supplier alerted it to the scheme in late 2011.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City