WISE COUNTY, Va. - A father and son are facing drug charges.
Police in St. Paul, Virginia say a routine traffic stop led to a drug bust.
Officers making a traffic stop on Route 58 around 2:30 Friday afternoon discovered a pound of marijuana, scales, baggies and other drug related items in a car.
Officers say they also found a stolen handgun and a small amount of cash.
Police arrested 47-year-old Charles Lee Cooke of Trinity, North Carolina and charged him with possession with intent to sell marijuana and possession of stolen property.
His son, 26- year-old Jimmy Dale Cooke of Asheboro, North Carolina, was also arrested. He is charged with possession of stolen property.
Both were taken to the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue