WISE COUNTY, Va. - A father and son are facing drug charges.
Police in St. Paul, Virginia say a routine traffic stop led to a drug bust.
Officers making a traffic stop on Route 58 around 2:30 Friday afternoon discovered a pound of marijuana, scales, baggies and other drug related items in a car.
Officers say they also found a stolen handgun and a small amount of cash.
Police arrested 47-year-old Charles Lee Cooke of Trinity, North Carolina and charged him with possession with intent to sell marijuana and possession of stolen property.
His son, 26- year-old Jimmy Dale Cooke of Asheboro, North Carolina, was also arrested. He is charged with possession of stolen property.
Both were taken to the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway