WISE COUNTY, Va. - A father and son are facing drug charges.
Police in St. Paul, Virginia say a routine traffic stop led to a drug bust.
Officers making a traffic stop on Route 58 around 2:30 Friday afternoon discovered a pound of marijuana, scales, baggies and other drug related items in a car.
Officers say they also found a stolen handgun and a small amount of cash.
Police arrested 47-year-old Charles Lee Cooke of Trinity, North Carolina and charged him with possession with intent to sell marijuana and possession of stolen property.
His son, 26- year-old Jimmy Dale Cooke of Asheboro, North Carolina, was also arrested. He is charged with possession of stolen property.
Both were taken to the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New Southwest VA school gets national recognition
- New Vance Middle School receives big honor
- New Joe Lasher Jr. playing benefit concert for Second Harvest