MARION, Va. - A Smyth County family escaped from their home as flames tore through.
We were there as firefighters battled the blaze on Cemetery Street in Marion, Virginia.
The fire sparked just before noon Wednesday and it took nearly two hours for firefighters to get the fire under control.
We've learned the family did make it out safely, but their home is considered a total loss. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
News 5 learned this is the fourth structure fire crews have battled in the last three days.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect