MARION, Va. - A Smyth County family escaped from their home as flames tore through.
We were there as firefighters battled the blaze on Cemetery Street in Marion, Virginia.
The fire sparked just before noon Wednesday and it took nearly two hours for firefighters to get the fire under control.
We've learned the family did make it out safely, but their home is considered a total loss. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
News 5 learned this is the fourth structure fire crews have battled in the last three days.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport