MARION, Va. - A Smyth County family escaped from their home as flames tore through.
We were there as firefighters battled the blaze on Cemetery Street in Marion, Virginia.
The fire sparked just before noon Wednesday and it took nearly two hours for firefighters to get the fire under control.
We've learned the family did make it out safely, but their home is considered a total loss. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
News 5 learned this is the fourth structure fire crews have battled in the last three days.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next