Fall fire season is now underway in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Officials with the Department of Forestry remind residents the threat of wildfire increases during the autumn season as leaves dry out and fall, grasses turn brown, humidity levels drop and winds increase.
Officials encourage everyone to take precautions with outdoor fires to reduce the occurrence of wildfires.
- New UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- New Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program
- Report: Synthetic drug dealer from Pound gets 3.5 years in jail
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections