Fall fire season is now underway in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Officials with the Department of Forestry remind residents the threat of wildfire increases during the autumn season as leaves dry out and fall, grasses turn brown, humidity levels drop and winds increase.
Officials encourage everyone to take precautions with outdoor fires to reduce the occurrence of wildfires.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson