Fall fire season is now underway in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Officials with the Department of Forestry remind residents the threat of wildfire increases during the autumn season as leaves dry out and fall, grasses turn brown, humidity levels drop and winds increase.
Officials encourage everyone to take precautions with outdoor fires to reduce the occurrence of wildfires.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin