Fall fire season is now underway in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Officials with the Department of Forestry remind residents the threat of wildfire increases during the autumn season as leaves dry out and fall, grasses turn brown, humidity levels drop and winds increase.
Officials encourage everyone to take precautions with outdoor fires to reduce the occurrence of wildfires.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend