NORFOLK, VA - Former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell's attorneys are asking for access to evidence. They ask specifically for access to evidence in the civil suit against dietary supplement maker Star Scientific. Last month a federal judge granted prosecutors motions to not turn evidence over in the civil suit until the criminal case against the McDonnell's was complete.
Prosecutors argue that the civil suit and the 14-count indictment include the same facts and alleged misconduct. The lawyers for the McDonnell's say they believe the government is trying to obstruct their defense.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City