NORFOLK, VA - Former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell's attorneys are asking for access to evidence. They ask specifically for access to evidence in the civil suit against dietary supplement maker Star Scientific. Last month a federal judge granted prosecutors motions to not turn evidence over in the civil suit until the criminal case against the McDonnell's was complete.
Prosecutors argue that the civil suit and the 14-count indictment include the same facts and alleged misconduct. The lawyers for the McDonnell's say they believe the government is trying to obstruct their defense.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone