NORFOLK, VA - Former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell's attorneys are asking for access to evidence. They ask specifically for access to evidence in the civil suit against dietary supplement maker Star Scientific. Last month a federal judge granted prosecutors motions to not turn evidence over in the civil suit until the criminal case against the McDonnell's was complete.
Prosecutors argue that the civil suit and the 14-count indictment include the same facts and alleged misconduct. The lawyers for the McDonnell's say they believe the government is trying to obstruct their defense.
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all
- Tennessee voters encouraged to vote early