NORFOLK, VA - Former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell's attorneys are asking for access to evidence. They ask specifically for access to evidence in the civil suit against dietary supplement maker Star Scientific. Last month a federal judge granted prosecutors motions to not turn evidence over in the civil suit until the criminal case against the McDonnell's was complete.
Prosecutors argue that the civil suit and the 14-count indictment include the same facts and alleged misconduct. The lawyers for the McDonnell's say they believe the government is trying to obstruct their defense.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting