The search is over for an probationer who was on the run in Southwest Virginia.
20-year-old Kendall Lee Larock was taken back into custody before 5 p.m. Thursday after the Virginia Department of Corrections says he escaped from the Appalachian Detention Center.
The arrest came after a ten-hour manhunt.
He is serving sentences for burglary and drug convictions; there is currently no word on additional charges against Larock for the escape.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash