VIRGINIA - As we gear up for more brutally cold temperatures, you might want to turn up the heat. But one power company is asking you not to do that.
Dominion Virginia Power says with the cold weather additional demand for heating systems will increase the amount of electricity used. They say they expect to meet the demand but will be running on maximum levels.
They are asking customers to conserve energy between 6 A.M and 10 A.M and again from 5 P.M. to 9 P.M.
By doing this, customers can help reduce the pressure on the generation and transmission systems that provide electricity to the region.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development