VIRGINIA - As we gear up for more brutally cold temperatures, you might want to turn up the heat. But one power company is asking you not to do that.
Dominion Virginia Power says with the cold weather additional demand for heating systems will increase the amount of electricity used. They say they expect to meet the demand but will be running on maximum levels.
They are asking customers to conserve energy between 6 A.M and 10 A.M and again from 5 P.M. to 9 P.M.
By doing this, customers can help reduce the pressure on the generation and transmission systems that provide electricity to the region.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend