VIRGINIA - As we gear up for more brutally cold temperatures, you might want to turn up the heat. But one power company is asking you not to do that.
Dominion Virginia Power says with the cold weather additional demand for heating systems will increase the amount of electricity used. They say they expect to meet the demand but will be running on maximum levels.
They are asking customers to conserve energy between 6 A.M and 10 A.M and again from 5 P.M. to 9 P.M.
By doing this, customers can help reduce the pressure on the generation and transmission systems that provide electricity to the region.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial