The number of elk in the region is growing thanks to a restoration project that started in Buchanan County, Virginia earlier this year.
Between May and June, sixteen adult elk and four calves were released in Buchanan County.
We've learned since the release, more calves have been born. Officials with The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries say some of the bulls have wandered up to seven miles away from the release location.
We've also learned the county officials haven't received any complaints about the elk.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Bristol woman staying positive throughout MS diagnosis
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show