CEDAR BLUFF, Va. - The beat of drums and calls of dancers could be heard at Southwest Virginia Community College this weekend.
A grand entry was held to kick off the seventh annual Drums of the Painted Mountain Pow Wow.
The public was welcome to dance around and celebrate tradition with the area's Native American community.
There were also vendors selling authentic dream catchers, tomahawks, clothing and more.
Organizers say the event is a great opportunity to educate the public.
- Kingsport Fire Dept. mobile units help FunFest goers beat the heat
- Ohio mother who lost daughter to drug overdose travels country, stops in Bristol
- BVU's Optinet employees attend board meeting to voice concerns
- Man charged following pursuit in Washington County, Virginia
- Police in search of burglars caught on camera