CEDAR BLUFF, Va. - The beat of drums and calls of dancers could be heard at Southwest Virginia Community College this weekend.
A grand entry was held to kick off the seventh annual Drums of the Painted Mountain Pow Wow.
The public was welcome to dance around and celebrate tradition with the area's Native American community.
There were also vendors selling authentic dream catchers, tomahawks, clothing and more.
Organizers say the event is a great opportunity to educate the public.
- Johnson City kids got to 'shop with a cop' for all the gifts on their list
- Dozens gather in Johnson City to remember Sandy Hook tragedy
- Net neutrality repeal worries ETSU students; how it could affect your internet bill
- SINCLAIR CARES: Know your toys and age limits this Christmas season
- United Way Washington County collects $1.5M- short of $1.8M goal