CEDAR BLUFF, Va. - The beat of drums and calls of dancers could be heard at Southwest Virginia Community College this weekend.
A grand entry was held to kick off the seventh annual Drums of the Painted Mountain Pow Wow.
The public was welcome to dance around and celebrate tradition with the area's Native American community.
There were also vendors selling authentic dream catchers, tomahawks, clothing and more.
Organizers say the event is a great opportunity to educate the public.
- Virginia Creeper Trail blazing the path for economic growth in Damascus
- UPDATE: Johnson City woman gets 25 years for rape of a child
- Fallen Las Vegas officer's message: "I've been called home"
- Recovery drug court holds graduation ceremony
- THP searching for driver charged in fatal Washington County, TN crash