HAMPTON ROADS, Va. - The driver of a tractor-trailer who was stuck inside the cab of her truck while it dangled from the Monitor-Merrimac Bridge tunnel in Newport News, Virginia has been rescued. Click here to view photos of the rescue.
Virginia State Police say the tractor-trailer went out of control on Interstate 664 and struck the bridge Monday morning. The truck caught fire and the cab was hanging over the bridge that connects Suffolk and Newport News in eastern Virginia.
State police say the driver suffered minor injuries.
State police shut down the southbound lanes due to large amounts of diesel fuel that was spilled during the crash.
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family