HAMPTON ROADS, Va. - The driver of a tractor-trailer who was stuck inside the cab of her truck while it dangled from the Monitor-Merrimac Bridge tunnel in Newport News, Virginia has been rescued. Click here to view photos of the rescue.
Virginia State Police say the tractor-trailer went out of control on Interstate 664 and struck the bridge Monday morning. The truck caught fire and the cab was hanging over the bridge that connects Suffolk and Newport News in eastern Virginia.
State police say the driver suffered minor injuries.
State police shut down the southbound lanes due to large amounts of diesel fuel that was spilled during the crash.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial