HAMPTON ROADS, Va. - The driver of a tractor-trailer who was stuck inside the cab of her truck while it dangled from the Monitor-Merrimac Bridge tunnel in Newport News, Virginia has been rescued. Click here to view photos of the rescue.
Virginia State Police say the tractor-trailer went out of control on Interstate 664 and struck the bridge Monday morning. The truck caught fire and the cab was hanging over the bridge that connects Suffolk and Newport News in eastern Virginia.
State police say the driver suffered minor injuries.
State police shut down the southbound lanes due to large amounts of diesel fuel that was spilled during the crash.
- New Two with ties to Pulse nightclub shooting guests at State of the Union
- New UPDATE: Tennessee hiring Kansas State's Currie as Athletic Director
- New Report: Colon cancer rates rising in younger generations
- New Senate passes bill limiting Tennessee campaign investments
- New Coal miner dies at prep plant owned by WVa Governor