DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - A Dickenson County, Virginia mother and her boyfriend were found guilty in connection with the death of a two-year-old boy.
We've learned Ashley Sperow and Doyle Fayne Cumbo, Jr. were convicted of felony homicide and abuse and neglect.
Sperow was sentenced to 15 years and Cumbo was sentenced to 50 years behind bars.
Officials say the toddler, Anthony Cole Marcum, died in February 2011 from blunt force trauma.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next