Castlewood, Va. - Three Castlewood High School students are scheduled to be sentenced on Thursday for the sexual assault of a classmate.
Kenneth Otto Purkey, Jonathan Corey Lasley and Nicholas Wythe Kiser were charged and tried as adults. They were found guilty in June of animate object sexual penetration and conspiracy to commit animate object sexual penetration.
Commonwealth's Attorney Brian Patton says the victim has mental limitation and that evidence helped in the case.
Patton says the three boys are facing five years to life in prison.
- New Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Updated Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- New Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Elizabethton police looking for credit card thieves
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley