Castlewood, Va. - Three Castlewood High School students are scheduled to be sentenced on Thursday for the sexual assault of a classmate.
Kenneth Otto Purkey, Jonathan Corey Lasley and Nicholas Wythe Kiser were charged and tried as adults. They were found guilty in June of animate object sexual penetration and conspiracy to commit animate object sexual penetration.
Commonwealth's Attorney Brian Patton says the victim has mental limitation and that evidence helped in the case.
Patton says the three boys are facing five years to life in prison.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project