Castlewood, Va. - Three Castlewood High School students are scheduled to be sentenced on Thursday for the sexual assault of a classmate.
Kenneth Otto Purkey, Jonathan Corey Lasley and Nicholas Wythe Kiser were charged and tried as adults. They were found guilty in June of animate object sexual penetration and conspiracy to commit animate object sexual penetration.
Commonwealth's Attorney Brian Patton says the victim has mental limitation and that evidence helped in the case.
Patton says the three boys are facing five years to life in prison.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson