Castlewood, Va. - Three Castlewood High School students are scheduled to be sentenced on Thursday for the sexual assault of a classmate.
Kenneth Otto Purkey, Jonathan Corey Lasley and Nicholas Wythe Kiser were charged and tried as adults. They were found guilty in June of animate object sexual penetration and conspiracy to commit animate object sexual penetration.
Commonwealth's Attorney Brian Patton says the victim has mental limitation and that evidence helped in the case.
Patton says the three boys are facing five years to life in prison.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial