DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - Two schools in Dickenson County will be closing at 11:45 due to a power outage.
The two schools that are closing are Clintwood High School and Longs Fork Middle School due to a power outage.
American Electric Power told News 5 the power outage was caused by a tree that fell on a 69,000-volt tap at the Clintwood station.
At one point 5,000 customers were without power. At last check just over 2,000 customers were in the dark in Clintwood, the town of Wise, and Wise County.
AEP says most customers should by power by 2:00 p.m. The rest will be restored this evening.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone