DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police have charged a man after a fatal accident in Dickenson County, Virginia in September.
VSP says 35-year-old James C. Moore, of Coeburn, Virginia, was charged with one count of reckless driving.
On September 4, 2012, 21-year-old Ryan Milgrim, of Clinchco, Virginia, was killed while directing traffic for a mowing company on Route 83. Milgrim worked for Glass Machinery and Evacuation of Jonesville and was contracted by the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Police say a tractor-trailer, driven by Moore, hit Milgrim. He died at the scene.
Alcohol and speed are not factors in the crash.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane