DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police have charged a man after a fatal accident in Dickenson County, Virginia in September.
VSP says 35-year-old James C. Moore, of Coeburn, Virginia, was charged with one count of reckless driving.
On September 4, 2012, 21-year-old Ryan Milgrim, of Clinchco, Virginia, was killed while directing traffic for a mowing company on Route 83. Milgrim worked for Glass Machinery and Evacuation of Jonesville and was contracted by the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Police say a tractor-trailer, driven by Moore, hit Milgrim. He died at the scene.
Alcohol and speed are not factors in the crash.
- Updated Southwest Virginia man dies after being hit by car
- Hawkins EMS remains only service during feasibility study
- College students voice opinions on presidential debate
- Bristol, Tenn. household divided over presidential election
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire