DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - Dozens of suspected drug suspects were taken off the streets Friday morning.
Dickenson County sheriff Bobby Hammons tells us they planned to arrest about 40 people wanted for drug-related crimes after an 18-month investigation. They arrested several Friday morning.
The suspects were being booked into jail, where they will spend the weekend before appearing in court for a bond hearing on Monday.
News 5's Lyndsey Price will have much more on the impact of this raid online and tonight on News 5.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day