DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - Dozens of suspected drug suspects were taken off the streets Friday morning.
Dickenson County sheriff Bobby Hammons tells us they planned to arrest about 40 people wanted for drug-related crimes after an 18-month investigation. They arrested several Friday morning.
The suspects were being booked into jail, where they will spend the weekend before appearing in court for a bond hearing on Monday.
News 5's Lyndsey Price will have much more on the impact of this raid online and tonight on News 5.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims