DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - Dozens of suspected drug suspects were taken off the streets Friday morning.
Dickenson County sheriff Bobby Hammons tells us they planned to arrest about 40 people wanted for drug-related crimes after an 18-month investigation. They arrested several Friday morning.
The suspects were being booked into jail, where they will spend the weekend before appearing in court for a bond hearing on Monday.
News 5's Lyndsey Price will have much more on the impact of this raid online and tonight on News 5.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane