DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - A Dickenson County, Virginia man was charged with aggravated malicious wounding after authorities say he shot his brother.
According to Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Gray, Robert Dewayne Lothery was arrested Wednesday.
Gray said Lothery's brother, 19-year-old Justin Lothery, is in Johnson City Medical Center in serious condition as of Friday afternoon.
The older Lothery is in Haysi's regional jail without bond. No other details about the shooting were available.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect