DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - A Dickenson County, Virginia man was charged with aggravated malicious wounding after authorities say he shot his brother.
According to Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Gray, Robert Dewayne Lothery was arrested Wednesday.
Gray said Lothery's brother, 19-year-old Justin Lothery, is in Johnson City Medical Center in serious condition as of Friday afternoon.
The older Lothery is in Haysi's regional jail without bond. No other details about the shooting were available.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria