DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police have charged a man with first degree murder and other charges in connection with a crash that happened Sunday morning on Dickenson Highway.
Troopers told News 5 they suspect Adam Stanley of Clintwood of ramming his pickup truck into an SUV, leaving one woman seriously hurt and another woman dead.
Troopers identified the passenger killed in the SUV as Rachel Coleman, 33, of Haysi.
A press release from the Virginia State Police says the injuries the two women suffered 'were not related to the traffic crash.' No details about the injuries are being released by VSP while the investigation is ongoing.
Stanley remains in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Haysi on one count of first degree murder, two counts of aggravated malicious wounding, and one felony count of destruction of property.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia