DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police have charged a man with first degree murder and other charges in connection with a crash that happened Sunday morning on Dickenson Highway.
Troopers told News 5 they suspect Adam Stanley of Clintwood of ramming his pickup truck into an SUV, leaving one woman seriously hurt and another woman dead.
Troopers identified the passenger killed in the SUV as Rachel Coleman, 33, of Haysi.
A press release from the Virginia State Police says the injuries the two women suffered 'were not related to the traffic crash.' No details about the injuries are being released by VSP while the investigation is ongoing.
Stanley remains in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Haysi on one count of first degree murder, two counts of aggravated malicious wounding, and one felony count of destruction of property.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day