A Grundy man was killed in an early Tuesday morning crash in the Bee section of Dickenson County.
According to Virginia State Police, authorities were called to the scene around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Authorities said a Jeep Grand Cherokee was going north in the 1400 block of Indian Creek Road when it ran off the left side of the road and hit an embankment. The driver, 46-year-old Michael Blankenship, was pronounced dead at the scene. No passengers were in the vehicle.
The crash remains under investigation.
- It's coach #3 for David Crockett as Musket Bowl approaches
- Johnson City girl's message in a bottle makes landfall in Florida
- Toddler killed, mother injured in Greene Co. SUV crash
- Carter county proposal: regulating appearance of public and private property
- NC teen football player in medically induced coma after injury