How many times have you tossed that non-winning scratcher lottery ticket? A retired coal miner from Southwest Virginia has 100,000 reasons that could convince you to hang on to them for one last chance to win.
The Virginia Lottery announced Monday that Gary Owens of Haysi was the recent winner of their eXTRA Chances promotion where players are able to use specially-marked ticket for entry into a drawing.
The drawing was held Aug. 1 and Owens, who said he plays regularly, was a $100,000 winner.
- Net neutrality repeal worries ETSU students; how it could affect your internet bill
- SINCLAIR CARES: Know your toys and age limits this Christmas season
- United Way Washington County collects $1.5M- short of $1.8M goal
- Report: Fire official says extension cord cause of fire that killed two children
- Gas line rupture snarls traffic in Jonesborough