DICKENSON COUNTY, Va. - A Dickenson County, Virginia coal mine is getting hit with 25 citations.
Dickenson-Russell Coal Company's Cherokee Mine was named in the latest report from the Mine Safety and Health Administration.
In all, 186 citations were at 13 U.S. mining operations last month.
The impact inspections began in 2010 after the Upper Big Branch mine explosion in West Virginia killed 29 coal miners.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations