A Dickenson County, Virginia Circuit Court judge has imposed a century-long prison sentence on a Clinchco man who admitted to multiple sex offenses in December.
Robert James Skeens, 47, received a total of 114 years of confinement on seven felony counts including five counts of aggravated sexual battery, according to Commonwealth's Attorney Seth Baker. A four-year sentence was imposed for four misdemeanor counts.
The years of the sentence run consecutively, Baker said, and the crimes involved a juvenile.
Court documents show the offenses began in late 2015 and continued until Skeens' arrest in April 2016. Skeens was also sentenced to three years of post release supervision, Baker noted.
- New Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- New Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone