WYTHE COUNTY, Va. - Wythe County Sheriff's deputies are searching for a man accused of stabbing a deputy in the hand.
We're told it happened around 1:30 Saturday morning after deputies responded to a trespassing call on Rose Road.
According to the Wythe County Sheriff's Office, Cheston Allen Stoneman is accused of stabbing a deputy in the hand and running from the scene.
We're told Stoneman is about 6'4" and weighs 185 pounds. He has brown hair and green eyes
He is considered to be armed and dangerous. Anyone with information is asked to call the Wythe County Sheriff's Office at 276-223-6001.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting