RICHMOND, Va. - More work place fatalities are being reported in Virginia, according to a new labor union report.
We've learned 127 workers were killed on the job in 2011 in the Commonwealth, that's 20 more than the previous year.
According to the report by the AFL-CIO, there were 4,693 workplace deaths nationwide in 2011, that's down by only 3 from the year earlier.
The union says this report means greater efforts are needed to reduce job injuries and deaths.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport