RICHMOND, Va. - More work place fatalities are being reported in Virginia, according to a new labor union report.
We've learned 127 workers were killed on the job in 2011 in the Commonwealth, that's 20 more than the previous year.
According to the report by the AFL-CIO, there were 4,693 workplace deaths nationwide in 2011, that's down by only 3 from the year earlier.
The union says this report means greater efforts are needed to reduce job injuries and deaths.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event