RICHMOND, Va. - More work place fatalities are being reported in Virginia, according to a new labor union report.
We've learned 127 workers were killed on the job in 2011 in the Commonwealth, that's 20 more than the previous year.
According to the report by the AFL-CIO, there were 4,693 workplace deaths nationwide in 2011, that's down by only 3 from the year earlier.
The union says this report means greater efforts are needed to reduce job injuries and deaths.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia