RICHMOND, Va. - More work place fatalities are being reported in Virginia, according to a new labor union report.
We've learned 127 workers were killed on the job in 2011 in the Commonwealth, that's 20 more than the previous year.
According to the report by the AFL-CIO, there were 4,693 workplace deaths nationwide in 2011, that's down by only 3 from the year earlier.
The union says this report means greater efforts are needed to reduce job injuries and deaths.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next